using jeditable with .net

roxstyle-2

i am trying to use jeditable in a .net environment. since the js
creates a "form" tag around the editable text- this is not possible
in .net environment, which already has a form directly inside the body
tag.
i tried changing the js to generate a "fieldset" instead of a "form",
but then i get no echo back from the server when the text is changed.
is there some other solution

Re: using jeditable with .net

Mika Tuupola

On Nov 21, 2008, at 1:53 AM, roxstyle wrote:

> i am trying to use jeditable in a .net environment. since the js
> creates a "form" tag around the editable text- this is not possible
> in .net environment, which already has a form directly inside the body
> tag.

So for .NET each page is actually one big form?

> i tried changing the js to generate a "fieldset" instead of a "form",
> but then i get no echo back from the server when the text is changed.
> is there some other solution

Sorry I do not know anything about .NET. I do know people have been
using Jeditable with it though.

--
Mika Tuupola
http://www.appelsiini.net/

Re: using jeditable with .net

roxstyle-2

Thank you.
Yes, .net places a form tag right inside the body tag. So i wrap each
part in a fieldset  throughout the document and cascade all css from
the fieldset. It appears that Jeditable does work, though. Since only
one form loads with the window load. The subsequent forms only load
for the time the text is being edited.