tablesorter.pager problem in IE7

ht1815-2

I'm trying to use the pager plugin with tablesorter.  The example
works fine in IE7, but when I use it in my page, the zebra widget
doesn't seem to function and the paging fails.  The same page works
fine in FF 3.0.4.  I'm not even sure how to approach the problem.
I've used debug: true to get tablesorter debug info, but the messages
mean nothing to me and I can find no documentation to clarify.  Anyone
have any suggestions as to what in particular to look at?  Or what may
be causing this behavior?