linkselect plugin - Giva Labs - help

sb2

linkselect plugin - Giva Labs - help

sb2

I'm creating a linkselect dropdown dynamically after some page data is
loaded like the following lines.   Any help is appreciated.

I'm getting an IE7 error (works fine in FF3) -

Line 21:
'undefined' is null or not an object... It is on this part:  if(C[F])

Here is my javascript:

$('#viewslideshow').html('<select id="slideshowspeed" title><option
value="0">View Slide Show</option><option value="4000">Normal</

$('#slideshowspeed').linkselect({
                change: function(li, value, text) {
                    //alert(value);
                    if (value != 0) {
                        //slideshowhighslide(value);
                        $(this).linkselect('val', 0);

Re: linkselect plugin - Giva Labs - help

boermans

On Dec 9, 8:42 am, sb2 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm creating a linkselect dropdown dynamically after some page data is
> loaded like the following lines.   Any help is appreciated.
>
> I'm getting an IE7 error (works fine in FF3) -

I haven’t looked particularly closely at your js but I can share some
experience with IE bugs associated with generated or manipulated
select elements.
IE seems to take a moment to catch up when you manipulate a select
dynamically. Attempts to read the select are generally unreliable
immediately afterwards.
If there is a way you can separate the manipulation and the value
reading you may be able to avoid the problem.
I would suggest, if you can, to have the select exist in advance in
the document.

Hope that helps!
Ollie

sb2

Re: linkselect plugin - Giva Labs - help

sb2

I actually thought about that as I'm creating and destroying it when I
could just show and hide it..   I'll give that a try and see what
happens.. Thanks for your feedback.