how to submit a form and refresh only the div and not the whole form

how to submit a form and refresh only the div and not the whole form

thanuja_than
Hi all,

I have this requirement where i have a table. in each row a column has a drop down and a submit button. Say for eg. if a user selects some value in the 3rd rows drop down and clicks submit button i want the form to be submitted but i dont want the whole form to be refreshed. I just want the corresponding column to be refreshed.

How can i achieve this with jquery?

i came across this feature in this site.
http://www.cleartrip.com/trains/results?from_city=Coimbatore&to_station=BNC&class=SL&date=30-11-2010&adults=1&children=0&male_seniors=0&female_seniors=0

If u check the above link in each row last column has a check availability button. When user clicks that submit button the whole page does not get refreshed. only that particular column is submitted and refreshed.

I need to implement something similar to this. Please guide me as how to start with.