form plugin not posting with file upload?!

form plugin not posting with file upload?!

tribalvibes

Hi, I'm having trouble with the form plugin doing ajaxSubmit() where
the form has a file upload field as well as data fields. If the file
upload field is blank (no file selected) the post happens just fine.
But if a file is selected, the post never happens (per firebug and
proxy.)

Tracing through the submit code, it gets through fileUpload() and sets
the setTimeout callback that submits the form, but this never gets
called back. This is Firefox 3, but same result in FF2 and IE7. Form
is never posted.

Any idea why the timeout is not getting called back?!

Thanks!
M.

Re: form plugin not posting with file upload?!

malsup

> Hi, I'm having trouble with the form plugin doing ajaxSubmit() where
> the form has a file upload field as well as data fields. If the file
> upload field is blank (no file selected) the post happens just fine.
> But if a file is selected, the post never happens (per firebug and
> proxy.)
>
> Tracing through the submit code, it gets through fileUpload() and sets
> the setTimeout callback that submits the form, but this never gets
> called back. This is Firefox 3, but same result in FF2 and IE7. Form
> is never posted.
>
> Any idea why the timeout is not getting called back?!

Can you post a link that shows the problem?