datepicker size

Jahelka

Hi all.  New to jQuery!

I've got a datepicker up and running on a test page and everything
works great.  The only problem I am having is adjusting the size of
the datepicker.  If I run the demo of the datepicker that is included
in the dev bundle, the datepicker shows up at a reasonable size.  If I
run the datepicker on my test page, it is HUGE!  So I dug into the css
and found the one tag that seems to make the difference.  The body tag
on the test page is getting a font-size: 62.5%;  So I put that in my
test page and now the datepicker is back to a reasonable size.  So
then I started thinking, lets put this font-size adjustment in a div
tag or something and put it around the input box that the datapicker
triggers off.  This DOES NOT WORK.

I don't want to adjust the size of the body, or else I will have to
majorly rework all of my existing css.  Why can't I put a div tag
around my input tag and adjust the font-size through inheritance just
like it is obviously doing with the body tag?

Re: datepicker size

Ca-Phun Ung
Hi,

The datepicker container is appended to the body so wrapping a div around the input won't work. Try adding your font-size changes to the .ui-datepicker CSS class. e.g.:

.ui-datepicker {
  font-size: /* your font size here */;
}

--
Ca-Phun Ung
+ http://yelotofu.com

Re: datepicker size

Jahelka

Ah ha!  Got it now.  Thank you very much for taking the time to get me
going.  I was losing my hair trying to figure that out!

On Jan 11, 7:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The datepicker container is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> the input won't work. Try adding your font-size changes to the
> .ui-datepicker CSS class. e.g.:
>
> .ui-datepicker {
>   font-size: /* your font size here */;
>
> }
>
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Jahelka <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

> > Hi all.  New to jQuery!
>
> > I've got a datepicker up and running on a test page and everything
> > works great.  The only problem I am having is adjusting the size of
> > the datepicker.  If I run the demo of the datepicker that is included
> > in the dev bundle, the datepicker shows up at a reasonable size.  If I
> > run the datepicker on my test page, it is HUGE!  So I dug into the css
> > and found the one tag that seems to make the difference.  The body tag
> > on the test page is getting a font-size: 62.5%;  So I put that in my
> > test page and now the datepicker is back to a reasonable size.  So
> > then I started thinking, lets put this font-size adjustment in a div
> > tag or something and put it around the input box that the datapicker
> > triggers off.  This DOES NOT WORK.
>
> > I don't want to adjust the size of the body, or else I will have to
> > majorly rework all of my existing css.  Why can't I put a div tag
> > around my input tag and adjust the font-size through inheritance just
> > like it is obviously doing with the body tag?
>
> --
> Ca-Phun Ung
> +http://yelotofu.com
> + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html- Hide quoted text -

Re: datepicker size

jahova83@gmail.com

Hi, I'm getting same issue as Jahelka but when input the font size it
still doesn't work:
.ui-datepicker { width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;}
Any help? Thanks.
Mike

On Jan 11, 8:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The datepicker container is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> the input won't work. Try adding your font-size changes to the
> .ui-datepicker CSS class. e.g.:
>
> .ui-datepicker {
>   font-size: /* your font size here */;
>
> }
>
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Jahelka <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

> > Hi all.  New to jQuery!
>
> > I've got a datepicker up and running on a test page and everything
> > works great.  The only problem I am having is adjusting the size of
> > the datepicker.  If I run the demo of the datepicker that is included
> > in the dev bundle, the datepicker shows up at a reasonable size.  If I
> > run the datepicker on my test page, it is HUGE!  So I dug into the css
> > and found the one tag that seems to make the difference.  The body tag
> > on the test page is getting a font-size: 62.5%;  So I put that in my
> > test page and now the datepicker is back to a reasonable size.  So
> > then I started thinking, lets put this font-size adjustment in a div
> > tag or something and put it around the input box that the datapicker
> > triggers off.  This DOES NOT WORK.
>
> > I don't want to adjust the size of the body, or else I will have to
> > majorly rework all of my existing css.  Why can't I put a div tag
> > around my input tag and adjust the font-size through inheritance just
> > like it is obviously doing with the body tag?
>
> --
> Ca-Phun Ung
> +http://yelotofu.com
> + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html

Re: datepicker size

jahova83@gmail.com

What exactly you did to fix it? I did this: .ui-datepicker { width:
17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;} and it still have the
same issue you had in the first place.

Mike

On Jan 11, 4:37 pm, Jahelka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah ha!  Got it now.  Thank you very much for taking the time to get me
> going.  I was losing my hair trying to figure that out!
>
> On Jan 11, 7:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Thedatepickercontainer is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> > the input won't work. Try adding your font-sizechanges to the
> > .ui-datepickerCSS class. e.g.:
>
> > .ui-datepicker{
> >   font-size: /* your fontsizehere */;
>
> > }
>
> > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Jahelka <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > > Hi all.  New to jQuery!
>
> > > I've got adatepickerup and running on a test page and everything
> > > works great.  The only problem I am having is adjusting thesizeof
> > > thedatepicker.  If I run the demo of thedatepickerthat is included
> > > in the dev bundle, thedatepickershows up at a reasonablesize.  If I
> > > run thedatepickeron my test page, it is HUGE!  So I dug into the css
> > > and found the one tag that seems to make the difference.  The body tag
> > > on the test page is getting a font-size: 62.5%;  So I put that in my
> > > test page and now thedatepickeris back to a reasonablesize.  So
> > > then I started thinking, lets put this font-sizeadjustment in a div
> > > tag or something and put it around the input box that the datapicker
> > > triggers off.  This DOES NOT WORK.
>
> > > I don't want to adjust thesizeof the body, or else I will have to
> > > majorly rework all of my existing css.  Why can't I put a div tag
> > > around my input tag and adjust the font-sizethrough inheritance just
> > > like it is obviously doing with the body tag?
>
> > --
> > Ca-Phun Ung
> > +http://yelotofu.com
> > + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html- Hide quoted text -

Re: datepicker size

hecky

bump

Same problem here

On Feb 26, 9:35 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What exactly you did to fix it? I did this: .ui-datepicker{ width:
> 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;} and it still have the
> same issue you had in the first place.
>
> Mike
>
> On Jan 11, 4:37 pm, Jahelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Ah ha!  Got it now.  Thank you very much for taking the time to get me
> > going.  I was losing my hair trying to figure that out!
>
> > On Jan 11, 7:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Thedatepickercontainer is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> > > the input won't work. Try adding your font-sizechanges to the
> > > .ui-datepickerCSS class. e.g.:
>
> > > .ui-datepicker{
> > >   font-size: /* your fontsizehere */;
>
> > > }

> > > --
> > > Ca-Phun Ung
> > > +http://yelotofu.com
> > > + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html- Hide quoted text -

Re: datepicker size

hecky

I was experiencing the same problem with you guys, couldnt change the
size of the datepicker even after adding the appropriate font-size in
the .css.

The problem was caused because of multiple identical css entries,  (I
had about 4-5 datepickers in my smoothness.css). So i deleted
duplicate content and the issue was resolved.

Btw, there must be a bug in the jquery ui configure & download
application.

On Feb 26, 9:35 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What exactly you did to fix it? I did this: .ui-datepicker{ width:
> 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;} and it still have the
> same issue you had in the first place.
>
> Mike
>
> On Jan 11, 4:37 pm, Jahelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Ah ha!  Got it now.  Thank you very much for taking the time to get me
> > going.  I was losing my hair trying to figure that out!
>
> > On Jan 11, 7:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Thedatepickercontainer is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> > > the input won't work. Try adding your font-sizechanges to the
> > > .ui-datepickerCSS class. e.g.:
>
> > > .ui-datepicker{
> > >   font-size: /* your fontsizehere */;
>
> > > }

> > > --
> > > Ca-Phun Ung
> > > +http://yelotofu.com
> > > + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html- Hide quoted text -

Re: datepicker size

Richard D. Worth-2

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:03 AM, hecky <[hidden email]> wrote:

The problem was caused because of multiple identical css entries,  (I
had about 4-5 datepickers in my smoothness.css). So i deleted
duplicate content and the issue was resolved.

Btw, there must be a bug in the jquery ui configure & download
application.

There is indeed. We're aware of the issue

http://dev.jqueryui.com/ticket/4296

and are currently testing a fix. We hope to have it fixed up quite soon. Thanks for your patience.

- Richard

N.W

Re: datepicker size

N.W

Hi every one~
I am new to ui too~
I get the same problem with datepicker size!

And I read the article~

I found this...
if you use the custom theme

you should go to modify the path to ui " css/redmond/jquery-
ui-1.7.custom.css"
and modify the section
.ui-datepicker { width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0;}
to this
.ui-datepicker { width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;}

and should solve this problem~~~

On 2月27日, 上午3時35分, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What exactly you did to fix it? I did this: .ui-datepicker{ width:
> 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;} and it still have the
> same issue you had in the first place.
>
> Mike
>
> On Jan 11, 4:37 pm, Jahelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Ah ha!  Got it now.  Thank you very much for taking the time to get me
> > going.  I was losing my hair trying to figure that out!
>
> > On Jan 11, 7:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Thedatepickercontainer is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> > > the input won't work. Try adding your font-sizechanges to the
> > > .ui-datepickerCSS class. e.g.:
>
> > > .ui-datepicker{
> > >   font-size: /* your fontsizehere */;
>
> > > }

> > > --
> > > Ca-Phun Ung
> > > +http://yelotofu.com
> > > + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html- Hide quoted text -

Re: datepicker size

Steven Black-2

It seems to be browser-dependent.  I just can't get this to work in
Firefox.  IE7, Chrome, and Safari for Windows are all OK.

That said, make sure you aren't facing cache issues, and that your new
CSS is, in fact, sticking if you are adding it dynamically.

Can anyone get this to work in FireFox?

I'm referring to this override:

 .ui-datepicker { font-size:50%; width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0;
background:red;}

Note: the "background:red;"  works everywhere, including FireFox, but
the font-size apparently does not.

**--**  Steve

On Feb 26, 2:47 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I'm getting same issue as Jahelka but when input the font size it
> still doesn't work:
> .ui-datepicker { width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;}
> Any help? Thanks.
> Mike
>
> On Jan 11, 8:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > The datepicker container is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> > the input won't work. Try adding your font-size changes to the
> > .ui-datepicker CSS class. e.g.:
>
> > .ui-datepicker {
> >   font-size: /* your font size here */;
>
> > }
>
> > On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Jahelka <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > > Hi all.  New to jQuery!
>
> > > I've got a datepicker up and running on a test page and everything
> > > works great.  The only problem I am having is adjusting the size of
> > > the datepicker.  If I run the demo of the datepicker that is included
> > > in the dev bundle, the datepicker shows up at a reasonable size.  If I
> > > run the datepicker on my test page, it is HUGE!  So I dug into the css
> > > and found the one tag that seems to make the difference.  The body tag
> > > on the test page is getting a font-size: 62.5%;  So I put that in my
> > > test page and now the datepicker is back to a reasonable size.  So
> > > then I started thinking, lets put this font-size adjustment in a div
> > > tag or something and put it around the input box that the datapicker
> > > triggers off.  This DOES NOT WORK.
>
> > > I don't want to adjust the size of the body, or else I will have to
> > > majorly rework all of my existing css.  Why can't I put a div tag
> > > around my input tag and adjust the font-size through inheritance just
> > > like it is obviously doing with the body tag?
>
> > --
> > Ca-Phun Ung
> > +http://yelotofu.com
> > + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html

Re: datepicker size

Mike-676

Use this .ui-datepicker { width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-
size: 12px !important;}

On Mar 28, 9:53 am, Steven Black <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seems to be browser-dependent.  I just can't get this to work in
> Firefox.  IE7, Chrome, and Safari for Windows are all OK.
>
> That said, make sure you aren't facing cache issues, and that your new
> CSS is, in fact, sticking if you are adding it dynamically.
>
> Can anyone get this to work in FireFox?
>
> I'm referring to thisoverride:
>
>  .ui-datepicker{ font-size:50%; width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0;
> background:red;}
>
> Note: the "background:red;"  works everywhere, including FireFox, but
> the font-sizeapparently does not.
>
> **--**  Steve
>
> On Feb 26, 2:47 pm, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm getting same issue as Jahelka but when input the fontsizeit
> > still doesn't work:
> > .ui-datepicker{ width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;}
> > Any help? Thanks.
> > Mike
>
> > On Jan 11, 8:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Thedatepickercontainer is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> > > the input won't work. Try adding your font-sizechanges to the
> > > .ui-datepickerCSS class. e.g.:
>
> > > .ui-datepicker{
> > >   font-size: /* your fontsizehere */;
>
> > > }

> > > --
> > > Ca-Phun Ung
> > > +http://yelotofu.com
> > > + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html

Re: datepicker size

dimser
Thanks a lot! You saved me!

Mike-676 wrote

On Mar 28, 9:53 am, Steven Black <ste...@stevenblack.com> wrote:
> It seems to be browser-dependent.  I just can't get this to work in
> Firefox.  IE7, Chrome, and Safari for Windows are all OK.
>
> That said, make sure you aren't facing cache issues, and that your new
> CSS is, in fact, sticking if you are adding it dynamically.
>
> Can anyone get this to work in FireFox?
>
> I'm referring to thisoverride:
>
>  .ui-datepicker{ font-size:50%; width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0;
> background:red;}
>
> Note: the "background:red;"  works everywhere, including FireFox, but
> the font-sizeapparently does not.
>
> **--**  Steve
>
> On Feb 26, 2:47 pm, "jahov...@gmail.com" <jahov...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm getting same issue as Jahelka but when input the fontsizeit
> > still doesn't work:
> > .ui-datepicker{ width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;}
> > Any help? Thanks.
> > Mike
>
> > On Jan 11, 8:41 am, "Ca-Phun Ung" <cap...@yelotofu.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Thedatepickercontainer is appended to the body so wrapping a div around
> > > the input won't work. Try adding your font-sizechanges to the
> > > .ui-datepickerCSS class. e.g.:
>
> > > .ui-datepicker{
> > >   font-size: /* your fontsizehere */;
>
> > > }

> > > --
> > > Ca-Phun Ung
> > > +http://yelotofu.com
> > > + hongkong, zce, jquery, php, css, html

Re: datepicker size

gvsc
Hi,

I tried the following option but that does not help me reduce the size of the calendar.

.ui-datepicker{ width: 17em; padding: .2em .2em 0; font-size: 62.5%;}

What happens is that the month name gets reduced in font size but not the actual dates... 1,2,3 etc.
Also, because font size of the numbers is not getting reduced, some of the numbers show up outside the calendar div.

This happens both in IE 8 and FF 9. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Chaitanya

dimser wrote
Thanks a lot! You saved me!