Writing Jquery in xml file

I am trying to develop a calendar widget for lotus connections. I have a html page which contains jquery to diaplay a calendar. This works fine. But when I try to put this html code into the xml file under cdata function the jquery gives me no output.

Here's the code snippet:
<iw:iwidget name="Calendar" xmlns:iw="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/iWidget" iScope="../fullcalendar.min">
<iw:resource uri="fullcalendar.min.js"/>
<iw:resource uri="jquery.js"/>
<iw:resource uri="jquery-ui-custom.js"/>
    <iw:content mode="view">
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='fullcalendar.css' />
<script type='text/javascript' src='jquery.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='jquery-ui-custom.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='fullcalendar.min.js'></script>
<h2>Reached Here<h2>
<script type='text/javascript'>
alert("Inside Javascript");
    $(document).ready(function() {
        var date = new Date();
        var d = date.getDate();
        var m = date.getMonth();
        var y = date.getFullYear();
        var calendar = $('#calendar').fullCalendar({
            header: {
                left: 'prev,next today',
                center: 'title',
                right: 'basicWeek,basicDay'
            selectable: true,
            editable: false

    body {
        margin-top: 40px;
        text-align: center;
        font-size: 14px;
        font-family: "Lucida Grande",Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,sans-serif;

    #calendar {
        width: 900px;
        margin: 0 auto;

Calendar Section

I wrote the print message just to see till where d code runs fine. All of them are printed so I think the only problem is jquery.

Please help.