Using hide('slide') will DESTROY most UI Widgets!

Using hide('slide') will DESTROY most UI Widgets!

Kevin Dalman
If a UI widget like Tabs or Accordion is inside a DIV that is hidden
and reshown using $(elem).hide('slide') and $(elem).show('slide'), the
widget is completely destroyed! In other words, all widgets styles and
events are removed.

This bug does not occur when using slideToggle().

Here is a demo page that shows the issues:

http://layout.jquery-dev.net/demos/tabs_jq14_test.html

/Kevin

Re: Using hide('slide') will DESTROY most UI Widgets!

Kevin Dalman
I cross-posted this on the NEW jQuery forum as well...

http://forum.jquery.com/#Topic/14737000000616772

On Jan 17, 7:59 am, Kevin Dalman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If a UI widget like Tabs or Accordion is inside a DIV that is hidden
> and reshown using $(elem).hide('slide') and $(elem).show('slide'), the
> widget is completely destroyed! In other words, all widgets styles and
> events are removed.
>
> This bug does not occur when using slideToggle().
>
> Here is a demo page that shows the issues:
>
> http://layout.jquery-dev.net/demos/tabs_jq14_test.html
>
> /Kevin

Re: Using hide('slide') will DESTROY most UI Widgets!

Scott González
Fixed, replied on new forum with details.