Sortable - forcePlaceholderSize has no effect in Internet Explorer

Sortable - forcePlaceholderSize has no effect in Internet Explorer

Harry Vangberg

Using jQuery 1.3.2 and UI 1.7.0, I set forcePlaceholderSize: true in
sortable(), which works fine in Safari 4 and Firefox. In Internet
Explorer 7 though, the placeholder 'collapses'. Live example and
source here:

http://jastie.heroku.com/28

Re: Sortable - forcePlaceholderSize has no effect in Internet Explorer

Richard D. Worth-2
Looks like a bug. Thanks for the test case. Could you create a ticket and attach the test page here:

http://dev.jqueryui.com/newticket (note: requires registration)

Thanks.

- Richard

Ticket created at http://dev.jqueryui.com/ticket/4335

On 11 Mar., 16:45, "Richard D. Worth" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like a bug. Thanks for the test case. Could you create a ticket and
> attach the test page here:
>
> http://dev.jqueryui.com/newticket(note: requires registration)
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Richard
>

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Harry Vangberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Using jQuery 1.3.2 and UI 1.7.0, I set forcePlaceholderSize: true in
> > sortable(), which works fine in Safari 4 and Firefox. In Internet
> > Explorer 7 though, the placeholder 'collapses'. Live example and
> > source here:
>
> >http://jastie.heroku.com/28

Re: Sortable - forcePlaceholderSize has no effect in Internet Explorer

yemi80
You are able to explicitly force the placeholder dimensions in IE7+. Try the code below:

    $('.wpzone').sortable({
      sort: function (e, ui) {
        $(".ui-state-highlight").css({"width":"100%", "height" : ui.item.height()});

my css:

    .ui-state-highlight { width: 100%; height:auto; clear:left; border: 1px dashed #333; background-color: #d3dfd1; z-index:1; }

I dont think the CSS affects it though.

Harry Vangberg wrote