Slide or Resize using clip instead of width/height - possible?

Slide or Resize using clip instead of width/height - possible?

Christian Dannie Storgaard
I'm looking to recreate the slide effect from scrip.aculo.us or
Moo.fx, but so far, the fx code isn't making much sense to me (as the
comment in the code also warn about).

To describe better what I'm looking for: it's the slide effect, only
using the clip CSS property instead of width/height, so that the
contents won't re-arrange on resizing (and sliding).

Is there someone out there that would be so kind as to make this
possible somehow?
I would love this feature for the next release of jQuery

Cheers,

Christian

http://jquery.com/discuss/