[OT] Maybe it's not yet time to move to the forums...

[OT] Maybe it's not yet time to move to the forums...

Andrea Raimondi-2
XP Pro latest updates
FF 3.5.7

Trying to view recent posts.

I am logged in with username/password.
Haven't yet confirmed my account(I can't because I didn't receive the
confirmation email yet).

Nothing besides the loading... window happens.

Two likely possibilites:

1) The forum has a tad of problems
2) I have to confirm the account

Which one is correct?

Rgds,

--
Andrea Raimondi
Senior Software Analyst&Developer

Re: Maybe it's not yet time to move to the forums...

aHeckman
Yeah, I received an email to try out the new forums but when I went to
change my password my email address is not recognized. Looks like I
need to receive an email from zoho before I can proceed.

The forum page itself states it's under maintenance.

On Jan 16, 7:55 am, Andrea Raimondi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> XP Pro latest updates
> FF 3.5.7
>
> Trying to view recent posts.
>
> I am logged in with username/password.
> Haven't yet confirmed my account(I can't because I didn't receive the
> confirmation email yet).
>
> Nothing besides the loading... window happens.
>
> Two likely possibilites:
>
> 1) The forum has a tad of problems
> 2) I have to confirm the account
>
> Which one is correct?
>
> Rgds,
>
> --
> Andrea Raimondi
> Senior Software Analyst&Developer

Re: [OT] Maybe it's not yet time to move to the forums...

John Resig
Administrator
It sounds like confirmation emails are still being sent out - it also
sounds like they're having some server troubles at the moment, making
the confirmation email/login process a bit troublesome. I would
recommend being patient while they get this sorted out.

--John

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Andrea Raimondi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> XP Pro latest updates
> FF 3.5.7
>
> Trying to view recent posts.
>
> I am logged in with username/password.
> Haven't yet confirmed my account(I can't because I didn't receive the
> confirmation email yet).
>
> Nothing besides the loading... window happens.
>
> Two likely possibilites:
>
> 1) The forum has a tad of problems
> 2) I have to confirm the account
>
> Which one is correct?
>
> Rgds,
>
> --
> Andrea Raimondi
> Senior Software Analyst&Developer

Re: [OT] Maybe it's not yet time to move to the forums...

Kevin Dalman
Still sending confirmation emails as of Jan 17. However I never got
the first one and had to go to accounts page and click 'send again' -
worked that time.

It is a little confusing as to which 'group' the new forum is supposed
to be? It is only the dev group or BOTH the general and dev groups
combined?

/Kevin

On Jan 16, 6:32 am, John Resig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It sounds like confirmation emails are still being sent out - it also
> sounds like they're having some server troubles at the moment, making
> the confirmation email/login process a bit troublesome. I would
> recommend being patient while they get this sorted out.
>
> --John
>
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Andrea Raimondi
>

> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > XP Pro latest updates
> > FF 3.5.7
>
> > Trying to view recent posts.
>
> > I am logged in with username/password.
> > Haven't yet confirmed my account(I can't because I didn't receive the
> > confirmation email yet).
>
> > Nothing besides the loading... window happens.
>
> > Two likely possibilites:
>
> > 1) The forum has a tad of problems
> > 2) I have to confirm the account
>
> > Which one is correct?
>
> > Rgds,
>
> > --
> > Andrea Raimondi
> > Senior Software Analyst&Developer

Re: Re: [OT] Maybe it's not yet time to move to the forums...

John Resig
Administrator
The new forum is jquery-en, jquery-ui, jquery-dev, and jquery-ui-dev
combined. So yes, we will be directing people away to the new one in a
couple days. We're still working on some outstanding issues but we
hope to get them resolved soon.

--John