JQuery Cycle + lazyload

TResudek-2

I am using cycle for a slideshow and it works great. The problem is
that I have a gallery with about 60 large images and it can be a real
pain for slow connections. I figured using lazyload would be a good
option so that the images only load as needed. I can't seem to get
cycle and lazyload to work together - any thoughts?

I have the development online at http://www.megperotti.com/weddings/index_weddings.php

Thanks everyone,
TR

Re: JQuery Cycle + lazyload

malsup

> I am using cycle for a slideshow and it works great. The problem is
> that I have a gallery with about 60 large images and it can be a real
> pain for slow connections. I figured using lazyload would be a good
> option so that the images only load as needed. I can't seem to get
> cycle and lazyload to work together - any thoughts?
>
> I have the development online athttp://www.megperotti.com/weddings/index_weddings.php
>
> Thanks everyone,
> TR

There are numerous demos of how to add slides after the slideshow has
started.  Hopefully one of them will get you going:

http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add.html
http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add2.html
http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add3.html
http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add4.html
http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add5.html
http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add6.html

Mike

Re: JQuery Cycle + lazyload

TResudek-2

Thanks Mike - That helped out a lot. I have worked myself into a new
problem...

Now my thumbnails can't target the images. Using the standard pager
functions I was targeting images in the cycle but now only the first
three thumbnails will work (since I am loading three images in the
HTML and the rest through that addSlide method).

Any thoughts on how to get that part working? I worked on it for a few
hours with another JS guy and we get stumped.

Thanks,
TR

On Oct 20, 6:41 pm, Mike Alsup <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I am using cycle for a slideshow and it works great. The problem is
> > that I have a gallery with about 60 large images and it can be a real
> > pain for slow connections. I figured usinglazyloadwould be a good
> > option so that the images only load as needed. I can't seem to get
> > cycle andlazyloadto work together - any thoughts?
>
> > I have the development online athttp://www.megperotti.com/weddings/index_weddings.php
>
> > Thanks everyone,
> > TR
>
> There are numerous demos of how to add slides after the slideshow has
> started.  Hopefully one of them will get you going:
>
> http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add.htmlhttp://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add2.htmlhttp://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add3.htmlhttp://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add4.htmlhttp://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add5.htmlhttp://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add6.html
>
> Mike

Re: JQuery Cycle + lazyload

malsup

> Thanks Mike - That helped out a lot. I have worked myself into a new
> problem...
>
> Now my thumbnails can't target the images. Using the standard pager
> functions I was targeting images in the cycle but now only the first
> three thumbnails will work (since I am loading three images in the
> HTML and the rest through that addSlide method).
>
> Any thoughts on how to get that part working? I worked on it for a few
> hours with another JS guy and we get stumped.

Do you have the latest version of Cycle?  I think I fixed that issue a
couple months ago.  Otherwise, can you post a link?

Mike

Re: JQuery Cycle + lazyload

TResudek-2

http://megperotti.com/weddings/index_weddings.php

I just updated the cycle js and it seems the same.

Thanks Mike.

On Oct 29, 6:13 pm, Mike Alsup <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Thanks Mike - That helped out a lot. I have worked myself into a new
> > problem...
>
> > Now my thumbnails can't target the images. Using the standard pager
> > functions I was targeting images in the cycle but now only the first
> > three thumbnails will work (since I am loading three images in the
> > HTML and the rest through that addSlide method).
>
> > Any thoughts on how to get that part working? I worked on it for a few
> > hours with another JS guy and we get stumped.
>
> Do you have the latest version of Cycle?  I think I fixed that issue a
> couple months ago.  Otherwise, can you post a link?
>
> Mike

Re: JQuery Cycle + lazyload

malsup

> http://megperotti.com/weddings/index_weddings.php
>
> I just updated the cycle js and it seems the same.
>
> Thanks Mike.

The thumbs are working for me.  Did you do a hard refresh on your
browser after updating the plugin file?  I tried each of the 10 static
thumbs that you have and they all worked fine.

Mike

Re: JQuery Cycle + lazyload

TResudek-2

Just cleared my cache and it looks like it works as long as the large
image is loaded. Man... Thanks dude. I seriously spent hours working
on this and all I needed was the newest version of cycle!

Thanks a million Mike. You are a pro.

TR

On Oct 29, 6:46 pm, Mike Alsup <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >http://megperotti.com/weddings/index_weddings.php
>
> > I just updated the cycle js and it seems the same.
>
> > Thanks Mike.
>
> The thumbs are working for me.  Did you do a hard refresh on your
> browser after updating the plugin file?  I tried each of the 10 static
> thumbs that you have and they all worked fine.
>
> Mike

Re: JQuery Cycle + lazyload

Aran
I wrote a post on how to easily modify the jQuery Cycle plugin to lazy load the next slides: http://www.anotherwebdevblog.com/simple-jquery-cycle-lazyload-solution/