Incremental steps on ui slider

haukurmar
Hi

I don't know how to describe this but I'll try :)

Does anybody knows how or if it's possible to have "incremental steps" in jquery slider, I'll take an example:
(a similiar usage is on the website bandsintown.com, but I think they are using prototype or some other library)
So the basic idea is to have price slider with two handles, the first part of the slider the steps are from 100k - 1 million (with steps of 100k each), after that the steps are in 500k.

I made an image to describe this better:

Also, when you drag the handles I would like to have the motion smooth and preferably not jump between steps, but to animate the handle to the nearest step when you let got of the mouse.

Any ideas how this can be done?