Image Flicker in Firefox, Not working at all in IE

Image Flicker in Firefox, Not working at all in IE

Mark Steinruck
I'm creating a slideshow where you click thumbnails and the larger image loads on the same page. I've got that functionality down, but I wanted the images to fade in and out. In Firefox the code below makes the image visible for a split second before it fades in causing a weird flicker effect:

$(document).ready(function(){
$("a").click(function(){ $("img#placeholder").fadeIn("slow"); });
});

Also, none of the fadeIn effects that I'm trying to apply work in IE. Is there something I need to be doing differently to make it work in IE?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Steinruck
Creative Director  //  Steinruck Design