How to point Thickbox3 links in an iframe to the iframe's container

How to point Thickbox3 links in an iframe to the iframe's container

n00bert
Hi,

I have set up an image on a html page (pageA), which when clicked opens up a Thickbox iframe(pageB). This iframe contains the contents of an html file including links to other pages in my site. When these links are clicked, the resulting html page is loaded within the iframe. What do I need to do to have the links open in the "original" html page (pageA)?

Another way of putting it: the links in the thickbox cause a page to load in the thickbox. I want those links to close the thickbox and then open their pages underneath the thickbox. Is this possible? What do I need to do?

thanks for any help...

n00bert

Re: How to point Thickbox3 links in an iframe to the iframe's container

Rodrigo Moraes

On 6/4/07, n00bert wrote:
> Another way of putting it: the links in the thickbox cause a page to load in
> the thickbox. I want those links to close the thickbox and then open their
> pages underneath the thickbox. Is this possible? What do I need to do?

I've been doing this using window.top.my_function(), to trigger a
function in the main window. In ThickBox 3, you can then call
tb_remove() to close the thickbox right before or after the action is
executed.

-- rodrigo

Re: How to point Thickbox3 links in an iframe to the iframe's container

Alexandre Plennevaux

Simply using target="_top" ou target="_parent" as your links target
attributes does not work?

I have set up an image on a html page (pageA), which when clicked opens up a
Thickbox iframe(pageB). This iframe contains the contents of an html file
including links to other pages in my site. When these links are clicked, the
resulting html page is loaded within the iframe. What do I need to do to
have the links open in the "original" html page (pageA)?

Another way of putting it: the links in the thickbox cause a page to load in
the thickbox. I want those links to close the thickbox and then open their
pages underneath the thickbox. Is this possible? What do I need to do?

thanks for any help...

n00bert

Ce message Envoi est certifié sans virus connu.
Analyse effectuée par AVG.
Version: 7.5.472 / Base de données virus: 269.8.7/830 - Date: 3/06/2007
12:47

Re: How to point Thickbox3 links in an iframe to the iframe's container

n00bert

thanks for your replies
I'll try out the methods and I'll come back if I can't get it to work.

Thanks again.

regards,
n00bert

Rodrigo Moraes wrote