Quantcast

HTA + Jquery

jarodium

Hello

I have this HTA setup so that I can fire lighthttpd for windows.
After my application starts, I press a link which will fire a function
that calls http://localhost/tk_project.php using Jquery's $.ajax

My debugging have shown that the Ajax request ( POST and GET methods )
are resulting in a 404 error in the server's logs.

When I place this address in FF it shows ok.
I've searched here and came to the conclusion that I can't make cross-
domain requests and probably Jquery assumes that when i'm using a
local file ( file:// resource ) and trying to access a "remote"
location at http://localhost

Is my assumption correct and can't load anything through Jquery as i'm
not allowed do make cross-domain requests?

Anyone has any suggestion on how can I workaround this issue?

I don't want to use vbscripting to achieve this because I use Jquery
alot in this project. )

Thanks in advance.
Pedro

Re: HTA + Jquery

Karl Rudd

If the initial page loaded from the "http://localhost" domain and you
try to access a file via a "file://" URL then the browser (not jQuery)
will stop you. You'd have to make the file you wanted to access
available via the same domain "http://localhost"

HTAs can be very different beasts to "normal" pages, so it could be
something weird happening based on the security measures.

Karl Rudd

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:55 AM, Jarodium <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have this HTA setup so that I can fire lighthttpd for windows.
> After my application starts, I press a link which will fire a function
> that calls http://localhost/tk_project.php using Jquery's $.ajax
>
> My debugging have shown that the Ajax request ( POST and GET methods )
> are resulting in a 404 error in the server's logs.
>
> When I place this address in FF it shows ok.
> I've searched here and came to the conclusion that I can't make cross-
> domain requests and probably Jquery assumes that when i'm using a
> local file ( file:// resource ) and trying to access a "remote"
> location at http://localhost
>
> Is my assumption correct and can't load anything through Jquery as i'm
> not allowed do make cross-domain requests?
>
> Anyone has any suggestion on how can I workaround this issue?
>
> I don't want to use vbscripting to achieve this because I use Jquery
> alot in this project. )
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Pedro

Re: HTA + Jquery

jarodium

Hi there Karl
Thank you for replying.

I have the following, just to make sure that i'm not confusing anyone:

1st - I run the hta within Windows.
2nd - I call jquery to load a page from the localhost

Here is someting from the server logs that might help clears things
up:

127.0.0.1 localhost - [23/Sep/2008:19:36:47 +0000] "POST /
tk_project.php HTTP/1.1" 404 36660 "file://E:\Projectos\WebToolkit
\alpha01\index.hta" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT
5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR
3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)"

Funny you should mention that is something weird is happening because
I tought that normal browser security measures would not apply to
HTA's since I can indeed start the webserver.

Maybe HTA's don't allow cross domain requests and this is not really a
Jquery issue as far I can tell...

Guess I could setup document.domain but HTA complains about it....

Once again thank you for replying Karl.
Regards
Pedro