Editable (jQuery In Place Editor)

a.karimzadeh

New jQuery Editable released.
You can check it here: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/Editable

It's fully customizable:

#1 Easy to use
$('div.editable').editable();
#2 Submission can be set on any Event
$('div.editable').editable({submitBy:'change'});
#3 Can use onSubmit and onEdit to define your own behavior.
$('div.editable').editable(type:'select',options:{'a':'Item 1',
'b':'Item 2'},submit:'save',cancel:'cancel',onSubmit:endFunction);
#4 Currently it convert tags to textbox, password, textarea, drop-down
list. you can extend it by extending $.editFactory to support more
tags.

Check this website to find out more:
http://arashkarimzadeh.com/index.php/jquery/7-editable-jquery-plugin.html

Re: Editable (jQuery In Place Editor)

jQuery Lover-2

Nice plugin...

Thanks.

Read jQuery HowTo Resource  -  http://jquery-howto.blogspot.com

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 12:34 AM, a.karimzadeh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> New jQuery Editable released.
> You can check it here: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/Editable
>
> It's fully customizable:
>
> #1 Easy to use
> $('div.editable').editable();
> #2 Submission can be set on any Event
> $('div.editable').editable({submitBy:'change'});
> #3 Can use onSubmit and onEdit to define your own behavior.
> $('div.editable').editable(type:'select',options:{'a':'Item 1',
> 'b':'Item 2'},submit:'save',cancel:'cancel',onSubmit:endFunction);
> #4 Currently it convert tags to textbox, password, textarea, drop-down
> list. you can extend it by extending $.editFactory to support more
> tags.
>
> Check this website to find out more:
> http://arashkarimzadeh.com/index.php/jquery/7-editable-jquery-plugin.html

Re: Editable (jQuery In Place Editor)

Mika Tuupola

On Jan 10, 2009, at 9:34 PM, a.karimzadeh wrote:

> New jQuery Editable released.
> You can check it here: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/Editable

Looks good. Can you explain what are the main differences between this
and Jeditable?

http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable

--
Mika Tuupola
http://www.appelsiini.net/

Re: Editable (jQuery In Place Editor)

a.karimzadeh
Wow... Jeditable is great.

Maybe the major difference between these two is the architecture of them.
Another one is Editable support password input also.
And I tried to keep it as minimized as it is possible and let developers to extend it with their own functionality.
Also developers can extend it for supporting check-box or radio buttons.

Arash Karimzadeh
http://www.arashkarimzadeh.com

Never needed it myself, but a user wrote password input type:

http://blog.code-head.com/password-support-for-jeditable-jquery-plugin

> And I tried to keep it as minimized as it is possible and let
> developers to extend it with their own functionality.

http://www.appelsiini.net/2007/8/custom-input-types

:)

http://svn.appelsiini.net/svn/javascript/trunk/jquery_jeditable_contributed/jquery.jeditable.checkbox.js

--
Mika Tuupola
http://www.appelsiini.net/

Re: Editable (jQuery In Place Editor)

a.karimzadeh
Wow.. So really whats the difference? ;)
What does JEditable have more?