ContextMenu hidden under dropdown lists

cafebonne
I am using the ContextMenu plugin on a page that has a lot of dropdown lists (html selects), and when the context menu is popped up, it always appears underneath the dropdown lists...

I know the reason why it is doing this, and I'm asking the following question: Is there a workaround for this problem? If not, is anybody working on a context menu that will always appear on top of all other input controls?

Thanks.

Re: ContextMenu hidden under dropdown lists

Mitchell Waite-2

Why don't you put the context menu in its own DIV and then hide it when the
menu is hovered.

http://www.KenzoMedia.com
http://www.KenzoHosting.com

Re: ContextMenu hidden under dropdown lists

cafebonne

I applied the bigframe to the contextMenu but the menu still doesn't appear on top of dropdown lists!

I have attached a very small sample html file using code from the ContextMenu online example.
In this example I apply the bgiframe - but clearly something is not right...

If anybody can fix this example so that it works I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

bmsterling wrote

On 7/30/07, cafebonne <gchurchley@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am using the ContextMenu plugin on a page that has a lot of dropdown
> lists
> (html selects), and when the context menu is popped up, it always appears
> underneath the dropdown lists...
>
> I know the reason why it is doing this, and I'm asking the following
> question: Is there a workaround for this problem? If not, is anybody
> working
> on a context menu that will always appear on top of all other input
> controls?
>
> Thanks.

Benjamin Sterling
http://www.KenzoMedia.com
http://www.KenzoHosting.com
contextMenu.zip

Re: ContextMenu hidden under dropdown lists

cafebonne
The ContextMenu is in its own DIV.  I don't understand your suggestion...

Mitchell Waite-2 wrote