Close Tab on Cancel Button in page

Kulak
I wanted to close currently selected tab if i click on Cancel button in the page and show the previous tab.

  var openedTabs = $("#tabs").tabs({closable: true});
  var curIndex = openedTabs.tabs('option', 'selected');
  openedTabs.tabs("remove",curIndex);

I am able to close the tab but the page content is not hidding.

Please help me to close the tab (including content) on click of cancel button and navigate to previous data. or
please point me if already any post available for this issue discussion & solution.

Thanks
Kulak